Cameroon’s national dialogue was announced by H.E. President Paul Biya in a televised address Tuesday September 10, 2019. The dialogue in question will mainly concern the crisis in the North-West and South-West Regions.
Please share your specific perspectives on the following:
- What are your first thoughts as far as the dialogue initiative is concerned?
- Who should be the key actors at the dialogue table?
- Should the UK-resident Cameroon Diaspora be represented? If so, how should the representatives be agreed?
- What should be the items on the dialogue agenda?
- What are the necessary conditions to reduce tension and assure the security of likely attendees ahead of the dialogue takeoff?
- Perhaps the dialogue should be undertaken in phases? If so, why and what should these phases be?
- Should the dialogue be limited over a timeframe, say a week or 2 weeks?
- What should be the desired outcomes of the dialogue exercise and at what point must these outcomes become binding?
- Any general comments concerning this dialogue inititative?